Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds organic chicken breasts
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Place chicken broth and quinoa in medium size sauce pan and bring to boil. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once liquid is absorbed, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in chili pepper, cumin, pepper, salt, cayenne pepper, nutritional yeast and lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spread quinoa in a thin layer over parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and place in the refrigerator
- Bump oven up to 400 degrees.
- Beat egg. Dip chicken into egg wash then coat with quinoa until completely covered
- Place chicken on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes