Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium bell pepper diced
- 3 cups brussel sprouts or broccoli chopped
- 1 large yellow onion peeled and dices
- 8 oz (226g) chicken breakfast sausage chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Bake sweet potato on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 30-40 minutes (until lightly browned and tender).
- Saute the veggies over medium-high heat until soft.
- Spray 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Line the dish with sweet potato, then add veggies and chicken sausage.
- Combine the egg and egg whites and pour into the baking dish.
- Bake breakfast casserole for 20-30 minutes (until firm and lightly browned).
- Top with cheese and bake until melted (about 3-5 minutes).